Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Sorry About That

Blogging can have many purposes - to provide a "subscription" service without the readers having to provide personal information, to create a web-searchable repository of information, as a form of creative expression. In the case of my rantings on finance, the purpose is for me to "get it out of my system" so my dear wife doesn't have to listen to me rant about how dumb AIG's management was.

At least, that's what I thought I had here - a harmless place to blow off steam - a microphone that was off...I was pretty sure that no one was paying attention.

So I write one post loosely in favor of bank nationalization and look what happens when the markets open: the Dow down almost 300 points. Citigroup down 20%. Clearly blogs are really, really important.

In summary: um, sorry about that.

Next week: Tim Geitner's secret plan! Better hide your cash under the mattress!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep doing that! I'm gonna jump into a bunch of index funds when the Dow hits 2000, make a crapload of money on the bounce, and become a famous political family.

-Yer Bro.